- *Notice* We no longer widen Shelby Super Snake wheels!
- All modified wheels will run true when done and will balance out. Wheels with severe runout or damage may be rejected.
- Please double check your measurments, we give you what you ask for!
- Actual gain on wheel widening will be minus 1/16 of an inch due to loss of material for seperation cut.
- Please do not sand blast wheels before modifications because it can contaminate the welds.
- Aluminum Wheels are V-grooved and hand tig welded on both sides of all seams. Visible weld beads can be sanded smooth for an additional fee.
- Steel Wheels are stick and tig welded on the opposite side then sanded. They can be either widened to the front or the back of the rim, and the centers can be moved for a change in offset.
- Prices depend upon the size of the rim and the amount being added or removed. For quotes on pricing or any questions please call (734) 779-1303 or e-mail James@weldcraftwheels.com (Please include wheels in the subject line of the e-mail).
- All wheels sent in for modifications MUST have in the box accompanying them the Weldcraftwheels.com modification form filled out and signed. Please download and fill out and then include in box with wheels. If you are drop shipping from another source please fax this form to us at (734) 779-1345 and include on it your supplier's name.
- We cannot modify wheels without this form completed and signed!
Weldcraft Wheels is your source for expert repairs and fabrication on your custom or factory wheels. We specialize in wheel modification (aluminum or steel). We widen and narrow wheels. We also move your centers when possible. When widening we use a band of material of the width requested, so no second donor wheel is required. On aluminum wheels we V-Groove and hand tig each seam for maximum penetration. Steel wheels are stick welded and tig welded on opposite sides.
If your wheels are found to have minor damage or runout requiring any repairs prior to modifications, there may be an additional charge for this. We call first before any work is done however.
We have noticed a higher rate of rejection with these wheels due to excessive runout. Be aware that wheels purchased sight unseen is still a buyer beware situation.
Most wheels are widened to the inside of the vehicle. This will increase your backspace by the same amount so be sure of your clearance. We use your wheel, so no donor wheel is needed. Modifications are performed in 1/2inch increments starting at 1 inch. (Note: Odd sizes can be achieved by removing material from existing wheel. E-mail James for further info at James@weldcraftwheels.com, Include wheels in the subject line).