When widening we use a band of material of the width requested, so no second donor wheel is required. On aluminum wheels we V-Groove and hand tig each seam for maximum penetration. Steel wheels are stick welded and tig welded on opposite sides.
Most wheels are widened to the inside of the vehicle. This will increase your backspace by the same amount so be sure of your clearance. *Please double check your measurements, we give you what you ask for!*
- All modified wheels will run true when done and will balance out. Wheels with severe run out or damage may be rejected.
- Actual gain on wheel widening will be minus 1/16 of an inch due to loss of material for separation cut.
- Please do not sand blast wheels before modifications because it can contaminate the welds.
- Aluminum Wheels are V-grooved and hand tig welded on both sides of all seams. Visible weld beads can be sanded smooth for an additional fee.
- Steel Wheels are stick and tig welded on the opposite side then sanded. They can be either widened to the front or the back of the rim, and the centers can be moved for a change in offset.
- If your wheels are found to have minor damage or runout requiring any repairs prior to modifications, there may be an additional charge for this. We call first before any work is done however.
- Replica wheels tend to have a higher rate of rejection due to excessive runout. Be aware that wheels purchased sight unseen is still a buyer beware situation.
- If you are drop shipping from another source please fax this form to us at (734) 779-1345 and include on it your supplier's name.
- Prices depend upon the size of the rim and the amount being added or removed.
- For quotes on pricing or any questions please call (734) 779-1303 or e-mail James@weldcraftwheels.com *(Please include "wheels" in the subject line of the e-mail)*.