The customer is to handle shipping both ways. It does not matter which shipper you choose just that you have a return shipping plan. (Return Labels/Call tags)
Keep in mind that the box size and weight may vary on the return trip depending on the modification being performed, Therefore it is recommended that you wait to create return labels until we finish with the wheels and update you on new dimensions or weight if any.
Be sure to pack the wheels well! Here are some suggestions we have to help your overall shipping costs...
1. Shipping the wheels freight and/or on a pallet is often less expensive.
In addition pallatizing them has less chance for shipping damage/driver abuse.
2. The smaller the box size, the less you will be charged (do not neglect packing material)
3. Many have also pointed out the insurance they charge you for is a plain ripoff.
All inquiries for modifications are currently on hold. Please check back again soon!
If you would like a price quote in the meantime, please E-mail James@weldcraftwheels.com
*Note that due to the parting of the wheels, the net gain of the addition is subject to a cut tolerance of up to 1/8".*
4. If you would like the weld beads finished down, include that on the form. The process is an additional cost per wheel to perform.
5. Check over wheels for any nicks, dings or scratches before sending us the wheels, we want the customer aware of the damage before we begin the work.
All we will need to know is how much you want us to add or remove. Forums are a great place to start or if you have/know of tires that you'd like to use, speak with a tire professional and they can help determine your desired wheel width in relation to those tires. Check all clearances!
Please note that we don't know what our previous customers have done to their cars in order for their wheels to fit. There is much custom work out there! After the wheels leave here we may or may not hear back from them. Please check your clearances before sending us your rims.
Keep in mind our machinery has a cut tolerance of up to 1/16" or 1/8”. This means that if you ask to widen 3", depending upon the wheel, it may end up being 2-7/8" addition.
For any wheel pricing please either E-mail us at James@weldcraftwheels.com OR give us a call at 734-779-1303
No, we do not work with lug nuts or bolt patterns. We simply do wheel widening, narrowing or repair.
With modifications, we will call you at the end of the process with a total including the return shipping. We take credit/debit card over the phone, cash and money orders. Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express. No personal checks.
No, we do not do any refinish work. no polishing, no painting and no sandblasting, just the modifications and repairs. It is suggested that you do the painting and cosmetic work AFTER the modification is done.
No. We do not modify motorcycle wheels however we can repair them.
We do not modify super snake wheels!
Yes, to finish the welds beads and get a smooth, flush look is an additional $75.00 per wheel.
There may be 2 reasons why you did not receive a response.
1. You did not put the word "wheels" in the subject line... (this is how we filter spam)
2. James is welding or simply has not checked E-mails yet... although E-mails are checked daily